Visit Jobing.com for additional job opportunities with Arizona Literacy.
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENER BILINGUAL
Interested applicants email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screeners support the Arizona Literacy & Learning Center’s Early Childhood Team.
Position duties include screening children’s ability in Early Childhood Developmental Areas: concepts, motor, language, articulation, pre-literacy, vision and hearing.
- Early Childhood Screener will be trained to utilize the Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning Fourth Edition (DIAL-4) screening tool and the SLP 5 Language and Articulation. Screeners will be trained to administer vision and hearing screenings, as well as a pre-literacy screening tool, Get Ready To Read! Revised pre-literacy. Screening locations may include; Arizona Literacy & Learning Center, Pre-schools, and community locations such as libraries and community centers in the Maricopa County. Position requires screeners to travel.
- Early Childhood Screeners will collaborate with other members of the developmental screening team to screen children ages 3-5 for appropriate developmental stages.
- Early Childhood Screener will assist with parent follow-up and the referral processes, including but not limited to data entry, phone calls, report writing, and general program duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret screening results, procedures, and data; coordinate community resources for families; maintain emotional control around children.
- Set-up/organize/clean up equipment and materials for screening station.
- Apply observation skills, writing skills, communication skills to screen children.
- Parent phone calls, answering questions about child’s screening results.
- Data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- AA or higher degree in the following areas: early childhood education, social work, nursing, speech pathology, audiology, pre medicine, special education, or related field.
- Be comfortable and experienced working with children ages 3-5.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while working independently, or as a member of a team.
- Hold a current fingerprint card, or ability to obtain fingerprint card.
- Have means of transportation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to lift and transport up to 30lb.
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish. (MANDATORY).
This is a grant funded position; continued employment is contingent on grant funding Work hours required range between 8:30-2:00: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and certain Saturdays. Screeners will work 15 hours a week, for approx. 38 weeks out of the year at $15.00 an hour.
ALLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.