READINESS BASKET FAMILY WORKSHOP SERIES
The Readiness Basket and Parent Leadership Training
The Readiness Basket, a bilingual (English/Spanish) training, is an exciting interactive parent and child learning workshop series offered through selected AZ schools and community sites for over six years. The program is offered to parents, caregivers and their young children ages 0 – 5. During these 11 two hour sessions, parents discuss issues vital to parenting, brain development, the importance of play, discipline techniques and school readiness.
- Understand the importance of play in the development of a young child
- Understand the critical nature of the first five years in nurturing a child’s optimal development
- Gain leadership skills by conducting group conversation ns, team work and participate in the role play of presentations
- Understand child brain development
- Learn over 100 developmental appropriate activities to nurture learning for children 0 – 5 years old
- Prepare their children for Kindergarten using the early education state standard.
Program sites include:
- Cartwright School District
- Sunset Elementary
- Palm Lane Elementary